This isn’t going to be a long how-to post about wreath-making, but I wanted to show you what can be done in less time than it takes to blow dry your hair. The bubble burlap wreath just wasn’t doing it for me on the front door, so I put the kids down for a nap and decided to make a new one. I’d purchased a plain grapevine wreath from Hobby Lobby a few weeks ago in anticipation of my next Pinterest adventure, but with nary a pin in sight, I grabbed a vase of silk flowers from my guest bathroom and got to work.
Armed with a glue gun and scissors, I made this in about five minutes-
It’s nothing special, but it color-coordinates perfectly with the potted red pansies flagging the sides of my front door. Coupled with a cardinal flag flying from the porch pillars and another red/orange/green potted plant along the porch, the front of the house looks so much more together.
I think I may add an “S” to it, or perhaps a bow, but then again I may not. It’s shocking to me that I’ve paid upwards of $30 or more at craft stores in the past to make extremely similar wreaths, thinking that it must be more time-consuming and difficult to do myself. This whole project cost me less than $10.
At this rate, I’m going to need to find a pin for “wreath storage and organization.” My garage is starting to look all Hoarders-like with the amount of them I have lying around.