Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Bathing suit season = Too close for comfort

We just booked a beach trip for the last week of April and that was the beginning of a realization for me.  My KIDS are not BABIES, and I’ll be darned if this year I use the excuse of being a mom for not looking HAWT in a BIKINI.

There, I have committed.

We have unseasonably warm February-March weather in Columbia, so it’s the perfect opportunity for me to get my lazy rear out of the house and get moving.  I really yearn to be healthy (and hot, let’s be honest), so I have the mindset this year that I’m going to make it happen.  Nathan, although a bean stalk by nature, knows that his health is probably not that of a spring chicken anymore and has vowed to “get fit” with me.  We started the couch to 5k program and I’ve thoroughly enjoyed it so far (which I am NOT a runner… I loathe it for the most part), and we’ve gone so far as to research local 5k races around town over the next few months.  I need goals or it’s easy to get lax. 

Here’s the one I’m most excited about-

crawdaddy

It’s part of the downtown Crawfish Festival on Cinco de Mayo… what isn’t to love about that? 

And this is going to be me, fit and fabulous in just two short months-

70650287873891910_p7z7AmCP

Bwahahahahahahahahaha.  IF ONLY.

Anyway, I’m tired of not following through with my proclamations of fitness.  We all do it, but I’m notoriously bad.  I’m blessed with pretty good genes and a pretty good metabolism, so I can actually get away with “eating like a trash can” (that’s for you, Jenee) and not totally blowing up like my 9-month-pregnant-size-self.  However, I have too much insulation at this point and I’m not happy about it.  Ten pounds need to come off, STAT.

I’m starting my Visalus shakes again, and I’m going to try and stick with two shakes a day for at least one month.  After that, if my results are where I want them to be, I’ll go back to the one shake a day for breakfast and lunch.  I just need a jump start!!  In the past, when I’ve gotten serious about losing a few pounds, the best motivator in the world is success.  If I see loose clothes or muscle definition peeking through, it causes me to push on and push further… I’ll be damned if I’m going to eat that piece of cake or drink that soda!  Look at what’s happening here!!

Hold me to it, web friends.  I’m determined that I will not hide behind cute bathing suit cover-ups or insist that all photos be from chest-up.  I WILL post a photo of me frolicking in the sand all bikini-clad this time, and I want you to call me out if I don’t.  Deal?…  Because I need accountability. :)

5 comments:

  1. I have got to do something too! People keep telling me how good i look and it is only because they only remember me with a 9 month preggo twin belly and I have got to stop listening and start working! First off I have got to stop eating like I am still pregnant and stop using nursing as an excuse! Good luck with the weight loss. I have not worn a bikini since high school, but I am hoping for shorts this summer so I have got to join you on the adventure.
    Love your blog btw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel good about today, so I'm putting it out there that Ash Wednesday is my "Day 1" :)
    I clocked in my C25K workout via facebook & twitter (as well as a pic of shake #1). People may start with the "for the love Mandy, WE DO NOT CARE" comments, but I'm pushing on - hahaha! The shorts are another reason for me... it's hard to feel comfy in them when you don't like your body, you know?
    Let's do this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in!! Starting shakes as well. WE CAN DO IT! Healthy and thin and HOT mamas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog is adorable as are your kiddos:) -- I have 1 &1/2 year old twin girls and love reading about the fun I have to look forward to as the girls grow -- good luck on your fitness journey!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wish it would rub off on your mama...proud of you honey!! Keep it up....I'm in your corner. Don't eat any of those butter creme cupcakes you just took out of the oven now!!!!

    ReplyDelete