Monday, February 20, 2012

Yummo Play Dough

I’ve written about peanut butter play dough before, but it deserves another nod in case you missed it the first time.  It was a childhood staple for me, and what kind of mother would I be not to pass on its deliciousness? 
More than that, though, I don’t get mad at Tyler for eating it.  He loves to put regular play dough in his mouth and up his nose, and I loathe nasty things like that.  So this is our happy medium!  He can shove this stuff anywhere he pleases and it’s A-OK with me.

_999_2

_999_7

_999_5

_999_19

They get a real kick out of the fact I don’t care about the mess, and Connor gets a kick out of trying to sneak a bite here and there.  Look at him canvasing the scene around Caroline, then wham!  In for the kill…

_999_33

_999_34

_999_30

To make PB play dough, mix 1 C peanut butter, 1 C dry milk, and 1/4 cup honey.  This makes a pretty big batch, so you can store it in an airtight container and use it like regular play dough.  You kids will love it, I promise!

2 comments:

  1. Yum we will have to try that! Thanks for sharing! My kiddo (2) doesn't eat it (that I've seen, LOL) but we've been making the salt play dough just in case, but this sounds like such a better alternative! And I think he'll LOVE tasting it too! Thanks again! Sweet kiddos you have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 'ole playgroup will be proud of you....I sure am! Hope Amy gets this recipe for Graceyn & keeps the tradition too!!! I'm loving sweet memories of you & these precious new ones too!!!!

    ReplyDelete